Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stuck in a Marriage not made in Heaven!!


We were both a bit shy in the beginning in accepting each other. You know, I with my macho awkwardness in approaching something supposed to be so exquisite, and she with a humble recognition of the fact that a guy from a remote & rowdy town in Western U.P. had broken down her snobbish defences. We were all that two lost souls are at the beginning of such a relationship. A relationship developed under the load of parental expectations and societal pressure.

But, I had seen the Platinum ads where a couple bound together in the same fashion as ours, would eventually find their own day of love. Being optimistic to the extent of being foolhardy and an eternal worshipper of love & romance, I decided that I would leave no stone unturned in re-defining our relationship status, to that of 'Being in Love'!

So, I worked hard towards it, day & night ;) ... and though she was a bit distant in the beginning, over a period of substantial time, she came around too... at least a bit I must say. We would spend time together, communicate to each other as much as possible, in fact I went into a state of total devotion thinking about her all the breathing moments of my life... but things were never as the one in the Platinum ad. And how could they be...
For this was one relation formed on complete opposite notions of the one thing that makes mankind superior... "Free Will" (at least, that's what they said it was in The Matrix!)

She was everything that I ever thought of... mysterious, crazy, creative, even beautiful; and in her own words, I was everything that she ever wanted in a partner... smart, decisive, dedicated and above all with a humour bone. But, at best her feeling for me could at best be described as respect and mine for her as dedication... we never did find our 'Day of Love'...

So last year, we separated and tried to live our lives the way we both always wanted... independent, free & happy. I am damn well sure I was all of this, but then there is this thing about getting comfortable with someone's presence so much so that living apart, even if in a happier state, is just not possible. So, we got back together this summer.

Today it's 6 whole months that I am back again with her... "My Exquisite IT Job", a life partner chosen by the parents... a decision driven by the mind and not the heart, and I am pretty well sure that I will never fall in Love with this...

Why, some may ask... well, maybe 'cos someone forgot to compare the horoscopes :P

7 comments:

  1. Kudos to your shock element...the deception is undetectable till the end ;-D. Your wife might have a mini heart attack though, take care Ati !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I was on the edge of my seat when i reached the s word.. very well written... kudos

      Delete
  2. I know.. my wife actually called me after seeing this :P
    But Thank God my bosses don't follow my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Navanwita said the deception is undetectable till the end...! While reading the post all possible stories cooked up in my mind n finally you mentioned 'her' name....phew what a relief!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee.. I always wanted to write such a piece, but the intention was pure sarcasm :P
    So happy to see the Shock value ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its an interesting piece with subtle flavor of sarcasm. Somewhat like "Awadhi Biryani" ! Exquisite with subtle hint of spices, which you savor long after the food has tickled the taste buds has melted into the horizon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S :)
      Just trying to draw parallels between the 2 most crucial decisions kids ought to take in their lives… by themselves ;)
      Btw, Awadhi Biryani… and an Exquisite one, I am flattered… Thank You :)

      Delete